Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Men Who Stare at Goats

OK so I just got done watching the movie "Men Who Stare at Goats," and well lets just say its like Star Wars meets Delta Farce. In my opinion. I did learn, however, that 15% of new soldiers do not shoot to kill. Most aim high to purposely miss or pretend to be preoccupied with something else. In this movie they were totally obsessed with physic powers. Did you know there is such a thing as "cloud bursting?" Cloud Bursting- the ability to burst clouds up with your mind until the cloud has vanished. Now that's a skill we could all use. In this movie the army has a branch of "Jedi warriors." These Jedi's... "don't fight with weapons, but their minds." When I was watching this one part they were in Iraq and some Iraq people were driving a truck, that I happened to notice was a Chevy. So I guess even terrorists prefer Chevy's. One of my favorite quotes from this movie was..."I was on a mission, even if I didn't know what that mission was, I could hear that little voice in my head again...he was screaming like a girl." ha ha. Then of course all of this Jedi training took place at Fort Brag, NC. ha ha. Now don't hate I am from NC. Ah. Also another power I wish to obtain after this movie would be.... the ability to stop a goats heart. Now that could come in handy. If you was ever being chased by a mad goat. The one insightful quote was.."Gentleness is the strength." Even in the most stupid movies you can find a light of inspiration. So my final thing I would like to say is this...."George Clonney I am your Father."

No comments:

Post a Comment